Book Review: Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy/Book-1)

The universe bows to Lord Shiva! I bow to lord shiva!

Shiva Trilogy book 1

Immortals of Meluha


Genre: Indian Mythology

No of pages: 436

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars 
THE STORY OF THE MAN,

WHOM LEGEND TURNED INTO A GOD.

1900 BC. In what modern Indians mistakenly call the
Indus Valley Civilisation.

The inhabitants of that period called it the land of Meluha, a near-perfect empire created many centuries earlier by Lord Ram, one of the greatest monarchs that ever lived

This once proud empire and its Suryavanshi rulers face severe perils primary river the revered Saraswati, is slowly drying to extinction They also face devastating terrorist attacks from the low Chandravanshis To make matter worse they have allied with the nagas, an ostracised and sinister race of deformed humans with astonishing martial skills.
The only hope for the suryavanshis is an ancient legend: "where evil reaches epic proportions when all seems lost when it appears that your enemies have triumphed, a hero will emerge"
And does he want to be that hero at all?

Drawn suddenly to his destiny, by duty, and by love, will Shiva lead to Suryavanshi vengeance and destroy evil?

This is the first book in a trilogy on Shiva, the simple man whose karma re-cast him as our Mahadev, the God of Gods

    Usually, when I wanted to buy a book, I research a lot, I search for book reviews, ratings... But how I thought and bought the book is a little unique, I am usually a truth lover(opposite of mythology ), and whenever I hear of this genre, I used to ignore it but this time I thought I will give it a try! To be truthful, this is the first mythology fiction I have ever read, and it's precisely lovely. 
   Sometimes I laugh hard like an absurd, 
sometimes I felt as I am standing at the warfare with the same anger as characters, sometimes I felt the urge to fight for good 
This book has given a mixed set of emotions and when I completed it I just felt like I came back from Meluha to the real world.

Here of some quotes that I love from this book
A man becomes Mahadev when he fights for the good. A Mahadev is not born as one from his mother's womb. He is forged in the heat of battle , when he wages a war to destroy evil.

  The author beautifully describes the god in us right? 

 The most powerful force in a women's life is the need to be appreciated, loved and cherished for what she is

Agree girls? (comment below your opinion)
The most powerful force in a man's life is to impress the person he loves the most
There are lots of quotations in the book, but I just noted down my most favorites 
I just adore every character in the story, although the characters are fictional, they still, inspire me a lot,
  • The passionate love of shiva 
  • The peoples love for the mother country
  • Sati's bravery and self-control
  • Parvateshwar's intense respect for rules and Shri Ram
I just couldn't put a full stop and I don't want to spoil your experience so it stops here
I highly recommend it to someone who is a mythology lover, buy this set as a whole of 3 books because the cliffhanger, in the end, is just amazing, I am going to start reading the 2nd book immediately after writing the review otherwise my head will blast
Amish Tripathi is an Indian author. he is known for his book series Shiva Trilogy and Ram Chandra series. The shiva trilogy was the fastest-selling book in Indian publishing history followed by the Ram Chandra series which was the second fastest-selling book series.

Want to buy the books?

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is such a beautiful post. I love all your point break-ups and I love how you have organized your blog, it's so neat and pretty 🧡

Popular Posts